Hi, I'm Mark Tomlin.
ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOf07yPjCro+A1VgYhiqRHrH7L3gpSRBPpEVE9dnjocT Mark@Tomlin.tech
Stuff I've Worked On
- AMX Mod - Where I was the documentation project lead for a hot second, while I was 15 years old.
- A bunch of installers written in NSIS for BF1942 IS82 Map Packs.
- Became an New York State EMT in 2007, at the age of 18.
- LFS World SDK - PHP Project for pulling stats from Live For Speed World pub stats API.
- Became a New You State EMT-CC in 2008, at the age of 19.
- PRISM (PHP InSim Mod) - Taking inspration from AMX Mod, and LFS having the TCP / UDP InSim system into their game engine, I built an addon that allowed anyone to make plugins without having to understand the TCP / UDP stack it uses.
- Became a New York State Paramedic in 2010, at the age of 21.
- Elected Chief of Department for local ambulance corp at the age of 24.
- MimoCAD Inc - (Multiple In Multiple Out Computer Aided Dispatching) I build this to replace the system that we used at my ambulance company that wasn't flexable enough for me. Went on to form a company around this.
- I spend most of my time as a Flight Paramedic and Critical Care provider with New York State.
- On the technical side, I've been doing deep dives into embedded rust and microcontrollers.
- Currently working on phpLiteAdmin 2.0 using PHP 8.0 as the minimum requirement.
- Adafruit - A great site to get your hands on microcontrollers, as well as being the primary sponser for CircuitPython
- Circuit Python - The easiest way to program microcontrollers!
- RP2040 Feather - The RP2040 gets the feather treatment.
- Raspberry Pi Foundation - Building low cost computers for learning.
- RP2040 - Ultra low cost Microcontroller.
- Rust Programming Language - Fast, Fun, Memory Safe -- Pick any three.
- Rust Embedded - Getting rust to work in really small places.
- WebAssembly - Getting rust to work on the web, right in your broswer.
- TrunkRecorder - Software Defined Radio tracking P25 Systems on Phase 1 and Phase 2 TDMA.
- Great Scott Gadgets - Maker of the HackRF One and the YARD (Yet Another Radio Dongle) Stick One.